One of the most effective types of marketing is through social media. Twitter is a popular social media site that has grown huge over the last couple years. Twitter is based around the “micro-blogging” concept where people can interact and network through small bits of content no more than 140 characters long.
The beauty of Twitter is you can get in front of a huge global market of people and send these small messages (a.k.a. tweets) which will gain exposure for you and your business. You can build a huge list of followers without the same hassle and expense as you would building a traditional list.
Tips On Using Twitter Effectively
1. First, you need to set up your free account HERE. Basically, you want to include a picture of yourself, a small bio on yourself and include a link to your blog or business website.
2. You will now want to go find yourself some followers. It is important to gather “targeted” followers. This simply means finding people who are within the same niche as you. In our case here, we would look for people who are in the Network Marketing, Home Business, Internet Marketing, Self-Development or Work at Home niche. To do this you would simply use the Twitter search or find people search bar and type in your keyword. Then browse through the profiles it brings up and begin to follow people you think you can make a connection with.
3. When tweeting, it is important NOT to make it all about your home business. You need to add value to the community. Rather than pushing your products and services or business opportunity on your followers, give them information that can help them. This can be anything from tips, resources, free incentives, valuable content or anything you think they will find useful. I like to go with the 80/20 ration…80% of the time I am tweeting “value” and 20% of the time I am mentioning my business.
4. Be supportive of your followers by retweeting some of their tweets every now and then. This shows them that a) you find their tweets valuable enough to share with your followers and b) you are looking to build a relationship with them and help them out. They will most likely return the favor and retweet your stuff as well.
5. Take part in the community by replying to tweets and giving comments, etc. Twitter is not only about tweeting your stuff. It is a big community and by getting in there and replying to others tweets, you are keeping the community alive.
6. Take advantage of URL shortener services such as Bit.ly. This is a common URL shortening service that many Twitter users use. It not only shortens your URLs which will provide more room for typing in your messages, it also allows you to track which URLs are getting the most clicks. This will allow you to see what your followers like to read.
There you have it. This is the basics of Twitter to get you going. Once you get in there, you will begin to really see how Twitter works and will soon realize there are endless possibilities to marketing and networking through Twitter.
If you liked this post, please share it with others on FB and Twitter!